Agree,

I'm raising the Karaf Jira (if it's not already done) and I'm gonna work on it.

Regards
JB

On 10/28/2011 11:51 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
Jean-Baptiste,

Removing the<repository/>  would avoid the issue, but it would also cause
the Camel descriptor to no longer be self-contained, so people would need to
read the documentation in order to get things working.  One of the proposals
in the karaf-dev thread I referred to earlier, is to ensure that version
ranges are fully supported in the<repository/>  element by first checking if
there's already a matching descriptor installed and, if not, go out and
resolve a suitable version using Pax Url's Maven version range support.

Personally, I'd just keep the tag for now and improve things at the Karaf
end first, as that would fix the same issue for e.g. some of the ServiceMix
features descriptors as well.  Once the Karaf improvements have been made,
we can start using version ranges in the<repository/>  references and get
the best of both worlds - a self-contained features descriptor that allows
for the flexibility to switch to a newer fix version as well.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com