From: Siano, Stephan [mailto:stephan.si...@sap.com]
Sent: Montag, 26. Oktober 2015 14:51
To: dev@camel.apache.org
Subject: data format for MIME-Multipart

Hi,

I have written a data format that can convert a Camel message with attachments
into a Camel message having a MIME-Multipart message as message body (and no
attachments). The use case for this is to enable the user to send attachments
over endpoints that do not directly support attachments, either as special
protocol implementation (e.g. send a MIME-multipart over an HTTP endpoint) or
as a kind of tunneling solution (e.g. because camel-jms does not support
attachments but by marshalling the message with attachments into a
MIME-Multipart, sending that to a JMS queue, Receiving the message from the JMS
queue and unmarshalling it again (into a message body with attachments).

Do you think this data format is worth contributing?

I would propose to contribute it to camel-mail even though it is not exactly
mail related. However I use javamail as a dependency, so the data format shares
all dependencies with the camel-mail component. Do you think this is ok, or
should I create a new component for it?

Best regards
Stephan