I also like the idea but with some comments.

As Hiram Chirino I'm not sure YAML/JSON is the best language for this.
Perhaps a more fluent DSL like the Camel Java DSL or perhaps something like
Ballerina language would be better suited ?
Also in my experience even simple integrations, that is simple real world
integration and not just hello world demos, requires
you to add one or more Java class or scripting in addition to the core
components. So for it to be useful there must be some way to add custom
code in some way for aggregation/enrichment strategies.

If you go with a GO implementation I would also like some fallback for
using Java since I find it unlikely that the existing base of components
will be ported any time soon.

As for the name as other I like the "Kamel"  name however a being a newborn
kotlin fan I know of one pre-existing project with that name
that is close enough to allow for potential confusion.
https://github.com/topicusoverheid/kamel

Looking forward to see the result.

// Pontus