On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 10:14 AM Omar Al-Safi <o...@oalsafi.com> wrote:

> IMO, I'd mark a component as `stable` after a few Camel releases
> that include the component, no idea how many, but this at least gives me
> the hint that the component is stable enough for this use. That means, a
> new component that is being added to camel code base, I'd mark it as
> `Preview`. At least in that sense, it can make sense here.

Yeah but that is also what since version is for, you can see that
today, see the since column,
https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/

But yes we could have a default rule in the build tooling so when we
build a release, it would use preview (if no explicit set and that the
component is new, or N-1 release old).
Then we dont need to remember to update all these components manually over time.