I looked at camel-spring-boot a little bit and have several questions and
suggestions… if there’s agreement I’ll open some issues and work on them.

1. The AsciiDoc pages are only included in the main component/dataformat/…
pages, and not accessible through navigation standalone.  I think they should
be partials, not standalone pages.

2. The individual generated pages are tied 1-1 with the ‘components’ component.
 I think, even though they are (at least currently) in a different repo having
them in the ‘components’ component as part of a distributed component makes
more sense than having them in a different component.

3. IIUC the individual pages are completely generated from data in a json file.
 I think this can be completely replaced with a partial and the “jsonpath”
stuff like we recently did for the ‘components' generated content.
(There seem to be a few that aren’t generated under core, but I haven’t found
if or where they show up in the website. Perhaps some or all could be removed?)

4. Are there any components/dataformats/… that don’t participate in spring
boot? If not, what is the purpose of the table listing all the spring boots,
which points to the components pages?
https://camel.apache.org/camel-spring-boot/latest/list.html
If this page serves a useful purpose perhaps the table can be generated using
indexTable as in the ‘components’ component.

5. These pages:
https://camel.apache.org/camel-spring-boot/latest/index.html
https://camel.apache.org/camel-spring-boot/latest/spring-boot.html
seem to have a lot of overlapping content.  I’m completely bewildered by the
apparent duplication and don’t understand what the different choices on each
page do or how they differ. I think it would be great if someone would make
these docs clearer.

Maybe that’s enough for now…

David Jencks