Hi Ravi

Good thinking.

Because the inverted index columns by default are the same as sort_column
columns,  from the user perspective, he only need to set no_inverted_index
columns in sort_column columns,  so i proposed to display only the
no_inverted_index columns info which be set by user.

Anyway, in "data management on carbondata" need to update the info: inverted
index columns by default be enabled along with sort_columns....

Regards
Liang

ravipesala wrote
> I agree with Liang's suggestion to align the information with table
> schema. And I have one suggestion related to NO_INVERTED_INDEX , instead
> of mentioning no inverted index columns better mention which are inverted
> index columns. It is very hard user to understand which are inverted index
> columns and it is useful if we change our default behaviour of selecting
> index columns if we provide this information to table describe command.
> Regards,
> Ravindra.
>
> Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/

> 1524723947.local-c273b69b-15c2-v1.2.1-7e7447b6@

> /0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=ZGV2QGNhcmJvbmRhdGEuYXBhY2hlLm9yZw%3D%3D),
> the best free email app for work
> On Apr 26 2018, at 10:34 am, manishgupta88 <

> tomanishgupta18@

> > wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Liang. We can modify the complete describe formatted command
>> display and show the detailed information as suggested by Liang.
>> Liang we can make a small change in your suggestion. As we are displaying
>> the information to the user we should not include Underscore(_) in the
>> property names and in place of DICTIONARY_INCLUDE and DICTIONARY_EXCLUDE
>> we
>> can just say Dictionary columns and No Dictionary Columns.
>>
>> ## Detailed Table Properties Information
>> |Sort Columns |name,id
>> |No Inverted Index |id
>> |Dictionary Columns |name
>> |Table BlockSize |1024 MB