Hi dev:
  Sometimes we need to delete some historical data from stream table to make
the table size not too large, but currently the stream table can't support
updating/deleting data, so we need to stop the app and use 'alter table
COMPACT 'close_streaming' command to close stream table, and then delete
data.
  According to discussion with Jacky and David offline, there are two
solutions to resolve this without stopping app:

  1. set all non-stream segments to 'carbon.input.segments.tablename'
property to delete data except stream segment, this's easy to implement;
  2. support deleting data for stream segment too, this's more complicated.

  I think we can implement with solution 1 first, and then consider the
implementation of solution 2 in depth.

  Welcome to feedback, thanks.

--
Sent from: