Hi Rei,

As you pointed out, table (column family) metric only tracks memtable
and row cache update.
Update is done through Mutation object that can have several column
families at once.
And the unit of commit log is Mutation, so we may first write commit
log of several tables and then we update each table.
We really can't mix commit log latency to table metric right now.
So I would say it is intended design.
Other things you can use are query tracing to track individual query
performance and client request metrics for coordinator level metric.

Maybe we can improve things by adding metrics for Keyspace#apply(). We
have Keyspace level write metric, but it is just an accumulation of
all table level write metrics.
Feel free to open JIRA at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA for improvement
request.