Hi All,

I’m investigating something a few ASF members contacted
me about and pointed out, so I’m hoping you can help
guide me here as a community. I have heard that a company,
DataStax, whose marketing material mentions it as the only
Cassandra vendor, “controls” the Java Driver for Apache
Cassandra.

Of course, no company “controls” our projects or its code,
so I told the folks that mentioned it to me that I’d investigate
with my board hat on.

I’d like to hear the community’s thoughts here on this. Does
anyone in the community see this “controlling” behavior going
on? Please speak up, as I’d like to get to the bottom of it,
and I’ll be around on the lists, doing some homework and reading
up on the archives to see what’s up.

Thanks for any help you can provide in rooting this out.

Cheers,
Chris