I like keeping things in JIRA because then everything is in one place, and it
is easy to refer someone to it in the future.
But I agree that JIRA tickets with a bunch of design discussion and POC’s and
such in them can get pretty long and convoluted.

I don’t really like the idea of moving all of that discussion to email which
makes it has harder to point someone to it.  Maybe a better idea would be to
have a “design/POC” JIRA and an “implementation” JIRA.  That way we could still
keep things in JIRA, but the final decision would be kept “clean”.

Though it would be nice if people would send an email to the dev list when
proposing “design” JIRA’s, as not everyone has time to follow every JIRA ever
made to see that a new design JIRA was created that they might be interested in
participating on.

My 2c.

-Jeremiah