We have a number of tickets that we now have to wait on 4.0 due to needing a
messaging protocol change or major sstable format (https://goo.gl/OvqNQp),
and
we currently have no branch for those. And as 4.0 was initially supposed to
come
after 3.11, which is coming, it's probably time to have a home for those
tickets.

And as 4.0 should probably be the 'trunk' (at least it's how we've always
done),
I'm proposing to create a new '3.X' branch from trunk as home for the
remaining
3.x tick-tock release. In that configuration, the merge path will become:

    2.1 -> 2.2 -> 3.0 -> 3.X -> trunk (future 4.0)

Any strong objection to me creating that branch?

Sylvain Lebresne