Note also the work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9459 ,
reaching out to other “competitors” before major versions to ensure
compatibility and awareness.

I think there’s a ton of evidence supporting the assertion that
datastax-employed committers and PMC members acted in good faith when it comes
to code going into the database. I would wager that most of the ‘wont fix’
tickets in JIRA were opened by Datastax employees, so folks claiming bias
because committers refused to merge a patch are assigning malice when there is
none (perhaps too high a bar for contributions, but as a user, I appreciate
that high bar).