I have no clue what it would take to accomplish a pluggable storage engine, but
I love this idea.

Obviously the devil is in the details, & a simple K/V is very different from
supporting partitions, collections, etc, but this is very cool & seems crazy
not to explore further.  Will you be open sourcing this work?

Jon