> You missed the point ...  let them do it their way when it makes no
> difference

If you're suggesting we use a static markdown based generator as the "go
to" method for content generation and accept PR's for "New Hotness" (do it
their way), then sure, that seems a totally fair compromise. Pretty sure
that's not what you're suggesting, and people Wild Westing a contribution
to a project, that the project then owns when you get bored of it and move
on, doesn't qualify for "makes no difference".