On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:37 PM Stefan Podkowinski <s...@apache.org> wrote:

> Maybe people would have preferred to know early about potential
> deadlines, before investing a lot of time into "pet ticket"
> contributions?

Of course, that's fair. And I apologize for the term "pet ticket", I
shouldn't
have used it and didn't meant that to be condescending.

I do personally think we should get back to a time-based release
cadence, even if a relatively long one, so people know when the freeze
is from the get go.

But what's done is done, and at the point we are now, I continue to think
freezing 4.0 rapidly (and note I suggested June 1, not right now,
exactly to give a chance for at least a few basically finished tickets to
get in).

What you say also imo speaks more to the fact we have a "reviewer"
problem, which has been mentioned before and do need to be
discussed, but packing too much subjects in a single conversation is
the surest way to get nowhere.

And of course, let's me recall once more that 4.0 is hopefully not the
end of the road. Missing 4.0 is just that, missing 4.0.

--
Sylvain