Respectfully, there’s pretty much already apparent consensus among those with a
vote (unless I missed some dissenting opinion while I was on vacation).

Its been expressed multiple times by committers and members of the PMC that
it’s Cassandra native protocol, it belongs in the protocol when it’s
implemented. I haven’t seen ANY committers or members of the PMC make an
argument that we should alter the spec without a matching implementation.

Unless a committer wants to make an argument that we should change the spec
without changing the implementation, this conversation can end.

The spec is what the server implements. Anything we don’t implement can use the
arbitrary payload from the zipkin tracing ticket or fork.

--
Jeff Jirsa