If some committers want to bring in features without a path forward for
releasing(as tests are broken), is that an acceptable state for you? How do
we get out of this state.

Like I said in my original email, this is a "proposal" and I am trying to
see how we can improve things here. So if you are -1 on this, please help
us propose something else to get these tests pass?

And thanks for giving your feedback.