Thanks for putting this together Scott!

I like the idea of using Confluence for coordinating the bits and
pieces on the way to 4.0. There are better things out there, but It's
lightweight, straight forward and everyone with a ASF Jira account can
participate. The one thing it does very well IMO is link back and
forth with Jira so referencing issues is really easy.

Kafka also makes good use of Confluence for development process stuff.
it's not the most organized, but it's kept up to date and their
committers and contributors use it. Check our their release pages:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+0.10.2.2