Hi,

I would like to get as many of these as is feasible in. Before the feature
freeze started 1 out of 17 JIRAs that were patch available were reviewed and
committed.

If you didn’t have access reviewers and committers, as the one out of the 17
did, it has been essentially impossible to get your problems with Cassandra
fixed in 4.0.

This is basically the same as saying that despite the fact Cassandra is open
source it does you no good because it will be years before the issues impacting
you get fixed even if you contribute the fixes yourself.

Pulling up the ladder after getting “your own” fixes in is a sure fire way to
fracture the community into a collection of private forks containing the fixes
people can’t live without, and pushing people to look at alternatives.

Private forks are a serious threat to the project. The people on them are at
risk of getting left behind and Cassandra stagnates for them and becomes
uncompetitive. Those with the resources to maintain a seriously diverged fork
are also the ones better positioned to be active contributors.

Regards,
Ariel