1: A
2: +1
3: +1
4: +1
5: +0
6: +1

On the question of keeping the contributors-only restriction on moving from
Triage->Open, I tend to agree with Benedict that a low barrier can be useful in
deterring bogus transitions (accidental or malicious) which keeps the general
noise down. I’m thinking of the current situation where tickets are routinely
marked "Ready To Commit” and which contributors have to spend time/energy
watching for and fixing. That said, that only requires hitting a button not
potentially filling out a bunch of fields so maybe we can afford to be
permissive in the first instance here and tighten things up if it becomes a
problem.

> [...]
>> other
>>> random user flip the switch). And why assume people will mis-field
>> stuffs?
>>> So I'd vote for just letting anyone transition out of triage as long as
>> all
>>> required field are there. Side-note: fwiw, I'd very much be in favor of
>>> removing the "jira contributor" concept for the reasons exposed above: I
>>> never felt it was anything else than an hindrance.
>>
>> I realise we have no real barrier to becoming a contributor, and that many
>> of these permissions are going to have limited impact.  But I think a
>> really easy to jump gate can still be helpful, and I don’t recall
>> contributors overstepping their role.  But this isn’t a critical point, and
>> it would be great to hear other’s opinions.
>>

> Yeah, curious to see how other feel. That said, to be clear, I'm not really
> feeling any strong on this. I'd just prefer trusting people by default to
> do the right thing, especially when the "JIRA contributor" barrier is so
> low/largely meaningless, and save ourselves the trouble of having to add
> people to the "JIRA contributor" list (which, unless something changed, is
> a tiny bit annoying). Knowing that we can always change the rule to be
> stricter if people get it wrong too often. But anyway, not super important,
> just a minor preference of mine.
>

>>> - Once we have 'complexity' and 'severity', I'm not entirely sure what
>>> 'priority' really means in a voluntary-based project? Is it the
>> gut-feeling
>>> for how useful the ticket is of whomever triage the ticket? If that,
>>> outside of not being convinced of the value, I'd argue that 1) it doesn't
>>> make sense for bugs and 2) it's sufficiently imprecise that it's imo
>> worth
>>> keeping it simple, something like low/normal/high ought to be enough. If
>>> it's not that, then what is it, cause it's genuinely not immediately
>>> obvious to me?
>>
>> Well, if nothing else Priority is the thing I sort my outstanding work by,
>> and for this reason I have a preference for it being present for all ticket
>> types.  But I do see your point.
>>
>> In particular, Urgent probably is something we’re only likely to use for
>> critical bugs.  It’s possible we could even automatically populate this for
>> a Bug type, and potentially not show this option for non-bugs.  But I
>> suspect we would need something like the ScriptRunner plugin for this.
>>
>> In my view Priority is essentially Low or Normal (or Urgent if critical
>> bug) on initial filing.  But a High priority can be set by a contributor
>> who particularly values the ticket, for their own work prioritisation.
>> Wish is a priority to make room for the Wish ticket type we are removing,
>> and for those occasional requests that come in that have no realistic
>> timeline for being addressed.
>>

> Fair enough. I really don't mind keeping priority as long as we make clear

>>> 2:+1
>>> 3:+1
>>> 4:Don't mind