Hey all,
We've gotten the cqlsh tests running in the Cassandra repo (these are distinct
from the cqlsh tests in dtests repo). They're in Python 2.7 and using the
nosetests. We'd like to make them consistent with the rest of the tests which
means moving them to Python 3 & Pytest framework. However this would involve
migrating cqlsh to Python 3. Does anybody have any concerns if we move cqlsh to
Python 3? Please note that Python 2 is EOL'd and will be unsupported in about
10 months.
So here are the options -
1. Leave cqlsh in Python 2.7 & nosetests. Just make sure they're running as
part of the build process.2. Move cqlsh to Python 3 & pytests.3. Leave cqlsh in
Python 2.7 but move to Pytests. This option doesn't really add much value
though.
Thanks,
Dinesh