On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 3:43 PM Dinesh Joshi <djo...@apache.org> wrote:

> 3. Discussion #3 - "... 1 business day notice period."  Whose business day
> is it? US? Europe? Australia? NZ? We are a distributed community and so 1
> business day is ambiguous. ASF typically states a 48-72 hour period which
> gives enough time to cover everyone in the community. We want to avoid
> people getting disenfranchised due to their location. I propose we make
> this longer and avoid using 'business day' language.

I'll take responsibility for that. It was one of the discussions on the
google doc during the initial round of feedback.  The intention was to
ensure folks didn't feel obligated to check the mailing list on the
weekends or holidays (regardless of location) since we are all volunteering
our time. I intended it to mean "not on weekends or holidays for you". We
can use more specific language if we feel its necessary.