Jon,
But Java 11 hasn't been tested in production. I would need to submit a patch
for documentation if Java 11 is made recommended version.
Based on a recent survey the majority are still using Java 8, probably because
it involves code review and update to migrate to a latter version.
"At 58%, the majority of respondents reported using Java 8 as the programming
language of choice in their main application. Java 11 was the next highest at
23% of respondents. "
https://www.jrebel.com/blog/2020-java-technology-report#:~:text=At%2058%25%2C%20the%20majority%20of,using%20Java%2012%20or%20newer.
Deepak

    On Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:42:18 a.m. PDT, Jon Haddad