All the major linux vendors are supporting JDK8 LTS (like 2024+ or
something) if I'm not mistaken, so I don't think there's a burning *need* to
push for JDK11 support specifically in 4.0. To Mick's point, no reason why
project folks that want JDK11 officially supported can't get started
working on validating it now and we give it our blessing in whatever C*
patch rel we've validated it on right?

If most folks are testing with 11 at this point,

How do we get this data? I think most of the DS folks are testing on JDK8
since that's the one we as a project have been signalling as officially
supported for 4.0. Anyone else have another PoV and been doing testing on
JDK11 instead? Are there features JDK11 brings to the table (improvements
in GC, etc) that are compelling that increase the urgency of pushing for
this?

Isn't our official CI all JDK8?
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Cassandra/