On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 5:27 PM Josh McKenzie <jmcken...@apache.org> wrote:

> There's basically 1 java driver in the C* ecosystem. We have 3? 4? or more
> operators in the ecosystem. Has one of them hit a clear supermajority of
> adoption that makes it the de facto default and makes sense to pull it into
> the project?
>
> We as a project community were pretty slow to move on building a PoV around
> kubernetes so we find ourselves in a situation with a bunch of contenders
> for inclusion in the project. It's not clear to me what heuristics we'd use
> to gauge which one would be the best fit for inclusion outside letting
> community adoption speak.
>
> ---
> Josh McKenzie

We actually talked a good bit on the SIG call earlier today about
heuristics. We need to document what functionality an operator should
include at level 0, level 1, etc. We did discuss this a good bit during
some of the initial SIG meetings, but I guess it wasn't really a focal
point at the time. I think we should also provide references to existing
operator projects and possibly other related projects. This would benefit
both community users as well as people working on these projects.

- John