As long as the implemented nodetool commands are still going over JMX I see no
issue.

The problem lies when you need native transport access. In a secured cluster
you possibly need an entirely new set of access information (username,
password, ssl certificate) depending on how JMX access and native transport
access are setup. You also possibly need access to different ports allowed if
the admin client is remote.  I think it is burdensome on the end user if we
require them to have both JMX and native transport setup and configured for
operational access and then also to know which set of access information to use
on a per command basis.

-Jeremiah