* bened...@apache.org <bened...@apache.org> [22/06/15 10:00]:
> It sounds like we’re zeroing in on a solution.
>
> To draw attention back to Jon’s email, I think the last open question at this
> point is the scope of identifiers declared by LET, and how we handle name
> clashes with table columns in an UPDATE.
>
> I think we have basically two options:
>
> 1. Require LET for all input parameters to an assignment in UPDATE
> 2. Add some additional syntax to local variables to identify them, e.g.
> <variable>

I'm curious, regardless of the syntax you choose, will LET or
SELECT return the static row if there is no match for the
clustering key, or return NULL row?

I am asking because SELECT currently does not return any rows if
there is no clustering key matching the WHERE clause, but a conditional UPDATE
chooses the static row to check conditions instead, if it's present.

--
Konstantin Osipov, Moscow, Russia