* bened...@apache.org <bened...@apache.org> [22/06/13 17:37]:
> I believe that is a MySQL specific concept. This is one problem with
> mimicking SQL – it’s not one thing!
>
> In T-SQL, a Boolean expression is TRUE, FALSE or UNKNOWN[1], and a NULL value
> submitted to a Boolean operator yields UNKNOWN.
>
> IF (X) THEN Y does not run Y if X is UNKNOWN;
> IF (X) THEN Y ELSE Z does run Z if X is UNKNOWN.
>
> So, I think we have evidence that it is fine to interpret NULL
> as “false” for the evaluation of IF conditions.

NOT FOUND handler is in ISO/IEC 9075-4:2003 13.2 <handler declaration>

In Cassandra results, there is no way to distinguish null values
from absence of a row. Branching, thus, without being able to
branch based on the absence of a row, whatever specific syntax
is used for such branching, is incomplete.

More broadly, SQL/PSM has exception and condition statements, not
just IF statements.

--
Konstantin Osipov, Moscow, Russia