Perhaps we just restrict “trivial” patches to trunk? If it requires several
PRs/branches then a Jira is perhaps warranted, and perhaps if it is trivial and
unimportant it’s better not to waste the project’s time managing the overhead.

This would also be simplified with a modified merge strategy, as it would be
fine to simply open separate “trivial” PRs that could independently be closed
in the UX with low overhead by maintainers.