Tickets for the flaky tests are here

From: Mick Semb Wever <m...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2022 23:28
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Some tests are never executed in CI due to their name

NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open
attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

in CASSANDRA-18029, two flaky tests were committed by mistake due to my
misunderstanding. We agreed on this thread that we should not commit flaky
tests right before rc. So now the rc is technically blocked by them. To unblock
it, what is needed is to have a waiver on them. If there is not a waiver, I
need to go back to that test and remove the two test methods which are flaky.
(In practice they will be probably just @Ignore-ed with comment about flakiness
so we can fix them later).

Flaky tests are

org.apache.cassandra.distributed.test.PaxosRepair2Test.paxosRepairHistoryIsntUpdatedInForcedRepair
org.apache.cassandra.distributed.test.PaxosRepair2Test.legacyPurgeRepairLoop

+1 to a waiver on these two 4.1 flaky regressions to the RC and GA releases.

Thanks for bringing it back to dev@ Stefan. Waivers should be done on dev@
(build/release managers can't be keeping up with every ticket), and dev threads
and tickets should be kept (reasonably) in-sync, for the sake of inclusiveness.

I believe there will be follow up tickets to address these flakies in 4.1.x ?