On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 at 23:09, Abe Ratnofsky <a...@aber.io> wrote:

> Sorry - responded on the take1 thread:
>
> Could we defer the close of this vote til Monday, December 12th after 6pm
> Pacific Time?
>
> Jon Meredith and I have been working thru an issue blocking streaming on
> 4.1 for the last couple months, and are now testing a promising fix. We're
> currently working on a write-up, and we'd like to hold the release until
> the community is able to review our findings.

Update on behalf of Jon and Abe.

The issue raised is CASSANDRA-18110.
Concurrent, or nodes with high cpu count and number of tables performing,
host replacements can fail.

It is still unclear if this is applicable to OSS C*, and if so to what
extent users might ever be impacted.
More importantly, there's a simple workaround for anyone that hits the
problem.

Without further information on the table, I'm inclined to continue with
4.1.0 GA (closing the vote in 32 hours), but add a clear message to the
release announcement of the issue and workaround. Interested in hearing
others' positions, don't be afraid to veto if that's where you're at.