Hy Everyone,

I was thinking about the information available on
https://cassandra.apache.org/_/download.html
<https://cassandra.apache.org/_/download.html> about current and former
releases, release dates, supported and unsupported versions of Apache
Cassandra. These information are all available in a human readable format only,
as far as I see.

Imagine an organisation running a bunch of Cassandra clusters of different
version, wanting to get an overview. Obviously, we have created a reporting of
versions running and I’ve created some Grafana dashboards showing the number of
nodes, clusters running various versions of Cassandra. Now, I’d like to extend
that with a statistics on how many nodes are running versions that are up to
date, have patches available or running end of life versions. This should be
updated automatically if the state of the upstream project - Apache Cassandra -
changes, due to new release. Rather than parsing the information from
download.html, a source would be nice to have which makes these information
available structured for machine processing.

What I propose is something available at a fixed URL e.g.
https://cassandra.apache.org/releases.json
<https://cassandra.apache.org/releases.json> containing

{
  "latest": [