Hi Benjamin,

I agree with your concern about long term maintenance of the code. Doug
has contributed several patches to Cassandra over the years. Besides him
there will be several other maintainers that will take on maintenance of
this code including Yifan and myself. Given how closely it is coupled
with the Cassandra Sidecar project, I would prefer that we keep this
within the Cassandra project umbrella as a separate repository and a
sub-project.

Thanks,

Dinesh