Hi German,

The goal is always to backport our learnings back to the community. For
example, I have already successfully backported the following two
enhancements/bug fixes back to the Open Source Cassandra, which are
described in the article. I am already currently working on open-source a
few more enhancements mentioned in the article back to the open-source.

   1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18555
   2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13740

There is definitely heavy interest in having the repair solution inside the
Open Source Cassandra itself, very much like Compaction. As I write this
email, we are internally working on a one-pager proposal doc to all the
community members on having a repair inside the OSS Apache Cassandra along
with our private fork - I will share it soon.

Generally, we are ok with any solution getting adopted (either Joey's
solution or our repair solution or any other solution). The primary
motivation is to have the repair embedded inside the open-source Cassandra
itself, so we can retire all various privately developed solutions
eventually :)

I am also happy to help (drive conversation, discussion, etc.) in any way
to have a repair solution adopted inside Cassandra itself, please let me
know. Happy to help!

Yours Faithfully,
Jaydeep