> the problem is that the javadoc task is not given the attention
> it deserves. The failonerror is currently 'false' and the task itself
> is not a part of any build and/or release processes

> I just wrote a tool that explores the distribution of keys across multiple
> sstables, I needed some of the tools classes but not much more.  Javadocs
> would have made that easy
You know what? I agree with all that. If I had to jump into the source for the
JDK or other libraries every time I needed to work with them that'd be annoying.

>> BTW, I have managed to fix all the javadoc errors.
Of course you have. :) Industrious as usual Maxim; thanks for tackling that!

So yeah. Depending on how long javadocs take to generate, I think having them
as part of our pre-commit rotation makes sense. Could even add them to our site
with something like an "API" section (gasp) here:
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/.

Would certainly help motivate us to clarify the whole "what is an external API
we're committing to or not" discussions.