On Wed, 20 Sept 2023 at 18:31, Mike Adamson <madam...@datastax.com> wrote:

> The original patch for CEP-30 brought several modified Lucene classes
> in-tree to implement the concurrent HNSW graph used by the vector index.
> These classes are now being replaced with the io.github.jbellis.jvector
> library, which contains an improved diskANN implementation for the on-disk
> graph format.
> The repo for this library is here: https://github.com/jbellis/jvector.
> The library does not replace any code used by SAI or other parts of the
> codebase and is used solely by the vector index.
> I would welcome any feedback on this change.

+1

but to nit-pick on legalities… it would be nice to avoid including a
library copyrighted to DataStax (for historical reasons).
The Jamm library is in a similar state in that it has a license that refers
to the copyright owner but does not state the copyright owner anywhere.

Can we get a copyright on Jamm, and can both not be Datastax (pls) ?