My reading is quite different, in fact it is quite explicit that e.g. ChatGPT is forbidden from use, whereas AWS CodeWhisperer may be permitted depending on the attribution.

I assume you are reading clause 2.1, but this requires that work "would not be [copyrightable] even if produced by a human” which is clearly not the case for most code.

I suspect most generated code is forbidden in practice. Either way, the portions of any contribution produced by the code assistant must be included in a separate commit with the tooling used clearly marked in the commit, including any source attribution. This is likely a challenging task to undertake retrospectively, and we may need advice on how to proceed unless there is an audit trail of some kind that can be followed to ensure this is done accurately - particularly since multiple generative code tools appear to have been used in the production of this work.

As I said, an annoying topic.