Surely it needs to be shared with the foundation and the PMC so we can verify? Or at least have ASF legal confirm they have received and are satisfied with the tarball? It certainly can’t be kept private to DS, AFAICT.

Of course it shouldn’t be shared publicly but not sure how PMC can fulfil its verification function here without it.