I think we should probably figure out how much value it actually provides
by getting some benchmarks around a few use cases along with some
profiling.  tlp-stress has a --rowcache flag that I added a while back to
be able to do this exact test.  I was looking for a use case to profile and
write up so this is actually kind of perfect for me.  I can take a look in
January when I'm back from the holidays.

Jon