> 2.) Code changes affecting only test code, including new tests, require one 
> +1 committer vote.

Minor changes in CI, ant scripts, Dockerfile, rpm, should be also
included into this section (docs optionally?), I suppose.

On Fri, 25 Sept 2026 at 17:20, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Correcting typos, docs, website, and comments etc operate a “Commit Then 
> Review” policy
>
> Oof; words are hard. I read this as "correcting typos in docs, typos in the 
> website, and typos in comments are 'commit then review', not "you can mutate 
> these 3 domains w/a commit then review".
>
> Probably because coming from a baseline of "review then commit, 2 committers 
> on everything", the first concept that defensibly matches that text (most 
> conservatively) is my in retrospect rather incorrect interpretation. :)
>
> Long winded way to say: I think you're right Benedict and I'd just 
> internalized an incorrect mental model of the above.
>
> I'm wary of commit-then-review on tests; our tests can be pretty hairy / 
> nasty / racy / complex, so at least having a single review on a test fix 
> seems like it might be worthwhile. If we formalized multiplexing tests fixes 
> and integrated jacoco coverage w/a requirement bar + some kind of allowable 
> pmd / static analysis complexity ceiling in our checkstyle process for 
> changes, I think this could work.
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026, at 10:57 AM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
>
> Sorry, missed your earlier message! Yes, agreed, this would seem simpler all 
> round.
>
> Obviously, this covers the proposed scenario of a non-committer change, since 
> a committer must actually merge the change anyway.
>
>
> On 2026/09/25 14:51:07 Brandon Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 9:48 AM Benedict Elliott Smith
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Correcting typos, docs, website, and comments etc operate a “Commit 
> > > > Then Review” policy
> > >
> > > I would even be fine with including minor test-only fixes under this more 
> > > permissive policy
> >
> > This is what I was referring to earlier, and I agree.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Brandon
> >
>

Reply via email to