On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:53 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
wrote:

> - cayenne-dbcp2 support;
> Does anyone still using this?
>
> - password encoding settings in the Modeler
> This one is more about redesigning this feature, then just deprecation.
> Think this should be discussed s
> Just wanted to mention it here also.

 I know of at least one project (and think there are others) that is using
the password encoding feature.  They have a web application and batch/cron
jobs that use the same Cayenne Model/JAR with the encrypted password stored
externally to make it easier to support their security requirements for
password rotation (just have to update one file).  They are definitely
using DBCPDataSourceFactory, although not yet on Cayenne 4.  How would
cayenne-dbcp2
going away impact them in the future?

Thanks,

mrg