Thanks for feedback.

Password encoding is a more distant thing to happen, for start it can be simply
moved to runtime out of the modeler.
But looking at the recent discussion [1] I think we need to redesign this part.

As for dbpc2,if it is a requirement it can be replaced by one line of
meaningful code
in runtime (it is what our code essentially do) :

org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSourceFactory.createDataSource(properties);

If we keep dbcp2, then for consistency we should provide wrappers
for all other popular connection pools (and/or custom datasource providers).
And that will lead to great support effort, that we can't handle
effectively, I think.

For me it seems better to document how to create custom data source
and give some examples, instead of trying to guess what will be needed by users.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6618af9f0d96718c66b5a7a9dd3788142945aa388cf5a8923bea0391@%3Cuser.cayenne.apache.org%3E

--
Best regards,