Hi All,

Thanks for commenting and voting on the release.
See remarks inline.

Greetings,
Pepijn

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM Gerrit Binnenmars <
gerritbinnenm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pepijn,
>
> A few minor point, can you have a look at these?
>
> 1. In the RELEASE_NOTES you state that some components are 2.0.0 and others
> are 1.0.0.
> I noticed that the 1.0.0 components were in the original celix-
> 1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz so this is in my opinion confusing.

Some versions in the release notes are indeed not correct, I think this is
a minor issue and should not prevent a release.

> 2. In the documents/building/readme.md the git clone command mentions the
> develop branch,, please adapt this for the final release!
>
> 3. In documents/intro/readme.md there is a reference to ../best_practices/
> readme.md that is missing
>
> 4. I would like to mention in the documents/getting_started/readme.md that
> after running make,
>     the subdirectory deploy contains several examples that can be run using
> the wrapper scripts run.sh
>     Maybe also add a reference to the Readme.md of the shell component?
>

> In the past, and also nowadays there are a lot of complaints about the
> Celix documentation. I was quite surprised by the maturity of the current
> docs.
> For that reason, I would encourage all voters to have a detailed look at
> the documentation.before the final release!

About the documentation, thanks for reviewing it. If it is alright with you
I like to create a issue for updating the docs and push to master after the
release.
The downside of using the markdown documentation in github is that the
documentation becomes fixed with a release. IMO still better (easier to
maintain) than the documentation on the website. In this case I would like
to make an exception to the git flow procedure and accept pushes to master
for documentation purpose.

> Compiling and running works fine!
>
> What is going to happen with the website that is quite outdated?

After the release I will update the website: Update news, release
procedure, remove deprecated documentation parts and for the rest forward
to the github documentation markdown files (master branch).

If you are agree or disagree with releasing the release candidate please
add a +1 or -1 vote. I will keep this vote open for another 24 hours.

> Greetings Gerrit
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Alexander Broekhuis <
> a.broekh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Verified the signatures (MD5, SHA512, ASC agains public key), and all is
> > ok.
> >
> > I do not have a full working setup at the moment, so I did not verify
> > building/running. Looking at the other replies, this looks to be ok.
> >
> > Just a remark, Pepijn does not have any trusted signatures. For future
> > releases that might be a good idea.. see [1]
> > And another remark, perhaps we need to include some documentation on the
> > website how to verify the source file.

Good points. I will address this after the release.