From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 11:28
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Adopting Github Discusssions Users Forum
All,

It's been a while since I had last proposed adopting and trying the Github
Discussions feature for our users community. Since then, the ASF infra seems to
have enabled integration and allowing Discussions integrated with mailing
lists: https://github.com/search?q=.asf.yaml+discussions&type=code

Following discussions with both technical and non-technical users from the CCC,
I believe we should try this out and use it for users to discuss their ideas,
questions, and problems, all that traditionally has happened on the users@ ML;
while been integrating such discussions on the users@ ML. The Discussions
platform could be used by developers too to get feedback from users.

That said, we MUST continue to use our mailing lists for any project governance
related matters such as releases related discussions, releases voting, and any
form of consensus and decision making.

I've proposed a PR for this here where the discussions feature is tied to
users@ ML:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/8274/files

Thoughts and feedback?

Regards.