Personally I'm against that, as it will dilute the community and once the mailing lists will get inactive they'll stay that way.

Also github/discussions is a proprietary platform at Microsoft's whim, I think this goes against the spirit of the project as free software.

That said, I'll be "voting" -0, don't want to get in the way of "progress".

On 2023-11-28 09:28, Rohit Yadav wrote:
All,

Following discussions with both technical and non-technical users from the CCC, I believe we should try this out and use it for users to discuss their ideas, questions, and problems, all that traditionally has happened on the users@ ML; while been integrating such discussions on the users@ ML. The Discussions platform could be used by developers too to get feedback from users.

That said, we MUST continue to use our mailing lists for any project governance related matters such as releases related discussions, releases voting, and any form of consensus and decision making.

I've proposed a PR for this here where the discussions feature is tied to users@ ML:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/8274/files

Thoughts and feedback?

Regards.