Shoot, I didn't see your patch.  I just created a patch that
supersedes yours.  https://reviews.apache.org/r/15108/  The logic is
as follows

1. Look for MAC that matches interface of cluster.node.IP
2. Look for first interface alphabetically that has a non-linklocal address
3. Look for first interface alphabetically
4. Randomly generate a mac address

Darren