This is really borderline trivial to do, a small tweak to
LibvirtVMDef.java and LibvirtComputingResource.java for windows-based
images if we wanted to set the default to something like 4 cores per
socket. However, the best way to do it would really be to use a
tunable like the coresPerSocket as mentioned. In the mean time, I'd
have no problem putting that in as a stop-gap unless someone else is
willing to do the work of getting it in the service offering
immediately. I've done quite a bit of windows on KVM troubleshooting
and I haven't seen any obvious performance differences between 8
sockets, 1 core each and 2 sockets, 4 cores each. I have zero time for
the next few days, but if someone doesn't get to it I can add it in
within the next week or so.