I'll look at it, but that util method that loads the log4j-cloud.xml is still
being called, I can't remember the api off the top of my head.

My first guess would actually be that the file is getting loaded from a
different place than /etc.  ACS packages a lot of files twice and I often see
the scripts files being loaded from web-inf/classes and not the other location
in /usr.

Darren