Hello CloudStack community members (@dev and @users),

This email is meant to announce the publication of a project on Github that
provides a distributed virtual machine scheduling platform that can be
easily integrated with Apache CloudStack (ACS). The project is available at
[1], you can find a detailed explanation of the idea of the project, its
aspirations, basic concepts, installation and uninstallation processes and
other information at [2]. Also, if you want to know more about the
Autonomiccs and its creators, you can access the link [3].

The code that was opened at Github is part of a bigger system that has the
goal of managing a cloud computing environment autonomously. All of that is
being developed and used in my Ph. D. thesis and the masters’ thesis of
some colleagues. The formalization of that component will be published at
the 12th IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2016) at San Francisco
USA.

You can see the stats of our code at [4] and [5]. Right now we only have
~40% of code test coverage. However, we intend to increase that value to
~60% until next week and ~90% until the end of June.

To give you a picture of what we are preparing for the future, we can
highlight the following goals for this year (You can find others short term
goals at [6]):

   -

   Integrate our platform [1] with a multi-agent system (MAS) platform, in
   order to facilitate the development of agents. Currently, we are using
   Spring-integration to “emulate” and an agent life cycle; that can become a
   problem when needing to add more agents and they start to communicate with
   each other. Therefore, we will integrate the platform in [1] with JADE [7];
   -

   Today the metrics about the use of resource are not properly gathered by
   ACS; in order to develop more accurate predictions we need to store
   resource usage metrics. Also, those metrics have to be gathered in a
   distributed way without causing service degradation. For that and a few
   other reasons (you can send us an email so we can provide you more
   details), we are developing an autonomic monitoring platform that will
   integrate with the system available in [1];
   -

   We also foresee the need to develop a better way to visualize the cloud
   environment, a way to detect hot spots (pods and hosts) with higher
   resource usage trends (VMs trends). We see the need to change the rustic
   view of the environment with tables for a better suitable one for humans
   (this is a surprise that we intend to present at the CCCBR).

We hope you like the software and that it meets your expectations. If it
does not suffice all of your needs, let’s work together to improve it. If
you have any doubts or suggestions please send us an email; we will reply
it as fast as we can. Also, critics that can help us improve that platform
are very welcome.

[1] https://github.com/Autonomiccs/autonomiccs-platform

[2] https://github.com/Autonomiccs/autonomiccs-platform/wiki

[3] http://autonomiccs.com.br/