This is a feature that has been missing from Cloudstack since the beginning
when using KVM as the hypervisor.
It's been asked for many times but still no support.
This would be a huge plus for Cloudstack if this feature was added and make it
a much more viable product for end users.
KVM is usually chosen because 1: it's free 2: it has many features that make it
a much better choice for large installations.
Many have ended up either writing their own VM snapshot solution, or simply
hiding the icon from the customer.
I'm surprised that after years of waiting for this feature to be added, it's
still missing.
I know it's not totally the Cloudstack Dev team's fault that VM Snapshots are
missing from KVM support but I do think this is a list opportunity for a big
win if they did something about it.

Just my 2 penneth on this subject that has plagued me on a daily basis
supporting Cloudstack installs.

Regards
Paul